• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate video files for all my projects: eliminate duplicates?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements for maybe 10 years, several versions, but I am "weak" on the relationship of projects to the organizer.  Now, with 2021, I find I have duplicates of all my video files, which "eats" a lot of disk space.

I would like to eliminate the duplicate files.

Here is how I got to this point:

• 10 years ago, I started creating projects in Premiere Elements.  In general, I created a project folder (external to Premiere), copied my video files to the folder (external to Premiere), then created a project and added the video files using Premiere.
  • Somehow, the video files SEEM to have been added to the Organizer, but I never noticed that.
  • Now, I just upgraded again (2021 now), and I am trying to manage my files the "Adobe Way", so I:
  • A) Backed-up my catalog from v2018 to an external drive.
  • B) Backed-up my project folders to an external drive.
  • C) Removed v2018, installed v2021
  • D) Restored my catalog.
  • E) Copied my project folders back to my laptop.

Now, all the video files exist in 2 locations:

• The folder where my catalog exists.
  • The folders where my Premiere projects exist.

Question: Is there a way I can eliminate the duplication, AND have things structured so when I upgrade next time, repeating A-E above, I do not have duplicates?

Ideally, the projects would be part of the Organizer backup/restore, but it seems like projects have to be managed separately.

Appologies for the long post, but I would really like to clean-up how I manage my catalog and projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to Photoshop Elements community to get relevant information on Catalog Management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines