Exit

Editing date just for the year

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm using PSE15 on Win7.

I have a couple of images with the wrong date of creation. But just the year is wrong. The day and the time stamp is well. So I just have to set up the year with a new value.
How can I do that?
I tried to do it in PSE. It did'nt work. I'm able to change the year but then I'm getting lost of the time sramp.
I tried to change it outside of PSE with exiftool an XnView. In that case PSE did not assume the new date.
Is there any solution out there?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Mello-01  wrote

Hello there,

I'm using PSE15 on Win7.

I have a couple of images with the wrong date of creation. But just the year is wrong. The day and the time stamp is well. So I just have to set up the year with a new value.
How can I do that?
I tried to do it in PSE. It did'nt work. I'm able to change the year but then I'm getting lost of the time sramp.
I tried to change it outside of PSE with exiftool an XnView. In that case PSE did not assume the new date.
What a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mello-01  wrote

Hello there,

I'm using PSE15 on Win7.

How can I do that?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance......

Since you can change the year without affecting the time stamp on a single file, I am assuming you are trying to change a whole batch of files to a new year.

In that case, I would select the batch  of files in the browsing space, then I would use the  shortcut Ctrl J to get the dialog for the date/time correction.

I would select the option to 'shift to new starting date and time', and enter the date/time values of the oldest file, except for the corrected year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

thank you very, very much! That seems working!!!

I never would have come up with it by my own!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines