• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editor won't open

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated my mac to most recent version and I am now unable to open photoshop elements editor.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling.  Can someone help me how I might fix this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you "update" your Mac or install the most recent "upgrade" (Catalina).  Also need to know which version of Photoshop Elements you're having trouble with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I believe I updated my Mac to Catalina.  I am using PE 19.  I love this app and hoping i'll still be able to use it.  I've tried so many things but can't seem to make it load.  It spins for a bit, but then does nothing/stalls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, PSE 2019's 32 bit installer is not campatible with 64 bit Catalina and likewise with any/all other 32 bit applications you currently use.  You'll need to upgrade to PSE 2020 to continue using the app.  It's always advisable to read up on Mac OS X releases before installing them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2019 is not compatible with Catalina.

Either roll back your operating system or do as Phinny suggested and upgrade to PSE 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please try the steps mentioned here? Feel free to reach out to me if you need any assistance.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried the above solution but think I am having problems.  My Terminal gave me an error message: (I blocked out the last 7 digits of the serial hoping for privacy.  Do you any any further suggestions?  I think I was SO close.  I tried it more than once, and the first time I even got asked for a password, but then it came back file not found.  I'd appreciate any further help you can provide me.

Last login: Mon Nov  4 17:18:18 on ttys000

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

Nicoles-iMac:~ nicoleburony$ Sudo<Path to Prtk tool>\adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --serial=1057469298640XXXXXXX --leid=V7{}PhotoshopElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss

-bash: Path: No such file or directory

Nicoles-iMac:~ nicoleburony$ Nite1234

-bash: Nite1234: command not found

Nicoles-iMac:~ nicoleburony$ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole,

You're almost there! Please make one small change in the command that you're using. In the terminal, please write sudo followed by a space and then drag and drop the executable adobe_prtk file. Doing so will automatically populate the terminal with the path where the executable is located. The final command should look like this (Here /Users/labuser/Desktop/adobe_prtk is the path to the executable file). Also, the number in Red color needs to be replaced with your serial number.

sudo /Users/labuser/Desktop/adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --serial=1057485858554544585454545 --leid=V7{}PhotoshopElements-2019-Mac-GM --regsuppress=ss 

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I shall be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a genius!!!!!!!  thank you, I think I have it working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines