• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 10 & 18 suddenly stopped working on WIndows 10 PC

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PHotoshop Elements 10 and 18.  Both stopped working about 3 days ago.  I don't know if it has to do with a Windows 10 Update or something with the programs.

I was also using a very old Elements 6, and it just stopped and said to contact IT for a repair.

I have no discs or serial numbers.

How do I get any of these programs up and running?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

You can ascertain if any Windows updates were installed, via the update history on your computer, after a point in time when the various versions of PSE were working ok. If so, system restore will allow you to revert to a time prior to the suspected update/culprit.

In the search box, lower left, type "update history." System restore can be reached here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to know if you've seen any error codes.  Since PSE 10 and 18 both stopped working at the same time, verifying your system might be a good to start.  Follow these instructions and report back. 

If you purchased PSE 10 or 18 directly from Adobe you can locate your serial numbers in your Adobe account.  Otherwise you'll either have to tear the house apart to find the ones that came with your original installers or buy PSE 2020 new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can ascertain if any Windows updates were installed, via the update history on your computer, after a point in time when the various versions of PSE were working ok. If so, system restore will allow you to revert to a time prior to the suspected update/culprit.

In the search box, lower left, type "update history." System restore can be reached here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

totally wrong.  you're blaming microsoft for something you, or rather your company did.  i saw it happen with my own eyes.  sudden update FROM adobe and I thought why?  why was to end the program so you'd have to upgrade which i thought was against the law to do.  in time it will happen normally and more than likely it will be a windows update that does it.  But i have older programs that shouldn't work on my computer that do.  nothing happened to them!  makes no sense why you would say it was microsoft becasue it's just blame shifting and sending the customer looking in the wrong direction for the problem, according to microsoft it should work perfectly, as did mine.  Expecially with it's program compatability program.  I'm still running a couple programs from Windows 95 that are cool and they haven't made anything like it since.  Never a problem. 

Figure that out.  but no, Adobe killed older elememnts on purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually if you really want the truth about this, it wasn't windows or their update at all.. Same thing happened to me and one night i sit down to do some work and sudenly i got an adobe update, not windows,  windows still had it working flawlessly.

I thought why are they updating this when it's no longer supported?  and right after that when i was doing what adobe said in it's tag, a nesesary restart it wouldn't work.  I call adobe and got this repeated to me each time I asked why can't you just undo what you did and all would be good?  He replied he  couldn't.  no longer supported and it's reached end of life but i'll sell you elements 2022!

Worked flawlessly after every windows updte until adobe themselves forced a download.  windows doesn't update anything adobe.  so the correct answer below is totally wrong and spinning you in the wrong direction.  ask adobe what they did to kill it.

true as God is my witness, what i'm telling you is true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines