Highlighted

Elements 10 & 18 suddenly stopped working on WIndows 10 PC

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PHotoshop Elements 10 and 18.  Both stopped working about 3 days ago.  I don't know if it has to do with a Windows 10 Update or something with the programs.

I was also using a very old Elements 6, and it just stopped and said to contact IT for a repair.

I have no discs or serial numbers.

How do I get any of these programs up and running?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by hatstead | Adobe Community Professional

You can ascertain if any Windows updates were installed, via the update history on your computer, after a point in time when the various versions of PSE were working ok. If so, system restore will allow you to revert to a time prior to the suspected update/culprit.

In the search box, lower left, type "update history." System restore can be reached here as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 10 & 18 suddenly stopped working on WIndows 10 PC

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PHotoshop Elements 10 and 18.  Both stopped working about 3 days ago.  I don't know if it has to do with a Windows 10 Update or something with the programs.

I was also using a very old Elements 6, and it just stopped and said to contact IT for a repair.

I have no discs or serial numbers.

How do I get any of these programs up and running?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by hatstead | Adobe Community Professional

You can ascertain if any Windows updates were installed, via the update history on your computer, after a point in time when the various versions of PSE were working ok. If so, system restore will allow you to revert to a time prior to the suspected update/culprit.

In the search box, lower left, type "update history." System restore can be reached here as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 16, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to know if you've seen any error codes.  Since PSE 10 and 18 both stopped working at the same time, verifying your system might be a good to start.  Follow these instructions and report back. 

If you purchased PSE 10 or 18 directly from Adobe you can locate your serial numbers in your Adobe account.  Otherwise you'll either have to tear the house apart to find the ones that came with your original installers or buy PSE 2020 new.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0