Highlighted

Elements 10 Editor Opens very, very slowly

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a licensed copy of photoshop element 10 and installed it on a new Windows 10 computer. It works but the editor opens very, very slowly when started from Organizer, or if Organizer is open. If started without opening Organizer it opens normally.

TOPICS
Organizer, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 10 Editor Opens very, very slowly

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a licensed copy of photoshop element 10 and installed it on a new Windows 10 computer. It works but the editor opens very, very slowly when started from Organizer, or if Organizer is open. If started without opening Organizer it opens normally.

TOPICS
Organizer, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Photoshop Elements 10 is not supported on Windows 10 and could lead to unexpected behavior.

Could you please do the following and let us know if that helps?

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Akash. I've already done that, and uninstalled removing setting and deactivating. Then installed from scratch. Made no difference.

I had it previously working properly on a virtually identical win10 machine (another Del  XPS 2in1). My work around in the new machine is to open the editor by itself (fast) and then open the organizer (fast). That works well. But if I open the organizer first, then the editor opens very slowly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0
Phinny LATEST
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2020 now $40 off through December 2nd.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2019 0