Highlighted

Elements 10 limited to 2gb ram!

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Program runs unusably slow (opening description window takes 45sec) so I checked the ram allocation and there's a cap at 2gb. This can't be correct so is there anywhere else I can allocate more ram? Thanks for any info.

Mac Pro 3.1, 24gb ram, 1gb graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 10 limited to 2gb ram!

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Program runs unusably slow (opening description window takes 45sec) so I checked the ram allocation and there's a cap at 2gb. This can't be correct so is there anywhere else I can allocate more ram? Thanks for any info.

Mac Pro 3.1, 24gb ram, 1gb graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 07, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steveball,

Sorry to hear that Photoshop Elements is running slow on the Mac Pro, could you please make sure that the auto analyzer (organizer preferences>media analysis) isn't running?

Also, try the steps here and let us know how it goes: http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70468

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

Unfortunately, photoshop elements village has closed so that link is dead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. The auto analyzer is turned off and it's still slow.

So it look like UNDER 2gb ram is the most I can allocate! That's ended my dabble with Elements as it's totally unusable. Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 0
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true with all 32 bit applications on both mac and windows, not just photoshop elements.

In order to take advantage of more of your 24 gbs of ram you need a 64 bit version of

photoshop elements, like the current photoshop elements 2019.

Is photoshop elements 10 a fresh install or left from upgrading macOS?

Is photoshop elements 10 from the mac app store?

What version of macOS are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresh install not from mac app store. I'm still using 10.6.8 which is why I bought pse10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2019 0
Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the pse 10 editor start any faster if you double click the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app

in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Support Files?

10.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, still slow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you buy PSE10 recently? It’s almist certainly a pirate fake in that case. When Adobe haven’t made something in years but someone strangely still has stock, that’s usually the explanation. It may be slowed down by being packed with malware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's original full retail in box with all dvds so no malware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most pirates concentrate on photoshop. Not so much on photoshop elements since it's not worth the trouble for software that only costs at most $100 and often was discounted to $50 when new.

If you want to be sure you could uninstall the version you bought and download the pse 10 installer files from adobe.

Download Photoshop Elements 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought it from someone I know who's had it from new so it's definitely not a pirate copy. Thanks for the link though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you Repaired Permissions using Disk Utility since installing pse 10?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still slow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd mention I tried Elements because my bought from new copy of CS6 Standard Edition wont work due to my old mac dying. I took the HD out and put it in the mac I use now so I went over the 2 activations allowed to run it! (original install and a cloned copy for back up). I've been trying for 2 months to get Adobe to reactivate but they wont as I don't have a receipt (6 years ago) and there's no record of a serial number as I didn't register it with Adobe when new (it was optional then). A complete mess which is still not sorted and probably never will be. It's the last cash Adobe ever get from me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to recover the cs6 serial number using this software.

The freeware version should work.

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/mac-keyfinder/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test Screen Name - 'threw away' is a little strong, I had a note of the SN on the mac that died! I really didn't think that I would have to dump paid for software because of a missing SN. Wont pay for it again.

The SN doesn't show up using mac-keyfinder, thanks anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 0
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that is correct since pse 10 is a 32 bit application, it can only use a max of around 3.2 gb of ram, but the suggested setting in the performance preferences of pse 10 of around 70% puts that at around 2 gbs. You shouldn't set the percent any higher than 85.

What version of macOS are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2019 0
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the best will in the world Adobe can’t free up an activation on your serial number if they don’t know what it is...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't matter if Adobe know the serial number or not, I paid for and used the software for 6 years so I obviously had the SN originally. There should be a way to find it but I've tried everything I can think of.

A few months ago, just before the old mac died, I was given a free year with Adobe CC but I gave the code to someone as I wanted to keep CS6! Great timing!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is based on the serial number. Adobe don't unlock you, or your computer, they unlock your serial number. No serial number, nothing happens. In any case, moving disks usually doesn't work and you'll need to reinstall - with the serial number. That's what you paid for, and you basically threw away your ability to keep using the software long term.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, we've all done that. Kept backups of what you need for a machine, on the machine. I felt I'd made a mistake though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 0