• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 11 does not see photo files on computer but it does on my external hard drive. Why?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded Adobe Elements 11 onto my new HP Envy laptop. When I opened Elements to see if it loaded correctly, I found that I have the problem with the high resolution screen showing the text so small, it is barely readable as others have posted about on this forum.  I did find a fix for that, however,  I haven't adjusted my resolution yet  because I ran into another problem.  When I click on "open" to get a file from the "picture folder" on the laptop, Elements only sees one folder and the dozens of other folders are not there in the pop up window. So, I tried to see if Elements would "see" the folders on my external backup drive when I used "open" there.  No problem, the dozens of other folders were all showing in the pop up window and I had no trouble navigating through my photographs and opening them.  I don't understand why Elements doesn't see them on the laptop since I uploaded those from my back-up drive.  I'm so confused!  FYI, I can open the photo files on the computer using Windows Media without any problems.  

The new computer has Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i, 16 RAM, NVDIA GeForce MX330 (4 GB).  The 17.3" screen is 4k UHD, IPS, with 3840 x 2160 resolution.  I probably should upgrade to the newer version of Elements, however, before I do, I want to make sure my laptop is compatible before I spend the money.  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I did uninstall it and then reinstalled and it had the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally got the other folders and files to load under "pictures", however, the files are spaced very far apart.  It must have something to do with the high 4K high def.    It would still be helpful if someone knows if the newer updated versions of Elements will work with this laptop.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines