Highlighted

Elements 11 not recognizing HEIC Apple iPhone pictures

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have the iPhone X and accidentally took pictures recently that have the HEIC (high efficiency image) extension, not jpeg.  When I went to edit these pictures in Photoshop Elements 11, the program says it does not recognize this picture format.  Is there an update to Photoshop Elements 11 that I can download to accomodate this file type (HEIC), or an easy way to convert HEIC format to the more familiar jpeg?  Thanks!

G.K.

Hello,

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 supports importing HEIF files on Mac OS 10.13 and later. You can download the trial version from here.

Download Photoshop Elements | 2019, 2018, and 15

If you're satisfied, you can upgrade to PSE 2019.

Thanks,

Medha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 11 not recognizing HEIC Apple iPhone pictures

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have the iPhone X and accidentally took pictures recently that have the HEIC (high efficiency image) extension, not jpeg.  When I went to edit these pictures in Photoshop Elements 11, the program says it does not recognize this picture format.  Is there an update to Photoshop Elements 11 that I can download to accomodate this file type (HEIC), or an easy way to convert HEIC format to the more familiar jpeg?  Thanks!

G.K.

Hello,

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 supports importing HEIF files on Mac OS 10.13 and later. You can download the trial version from here.

Thanks,

Medha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks,

Medha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can connect your phone to your computer and authorize file transfer. Then export jpeg copies to a folder for use in PSE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I'll try that!

G.K.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice!

G.K.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about us with windows pcs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0