• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 12 won't open, getting trial pop up prompt

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I have had elements 12 for years now and use it often but today when I went to open it a pop up came up and said it was a trial and wanted me to buy it or register...like, why all of a sudden would it do this? I bought it years ago!!

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  Did you possibly have a Windows 10 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about update? What would I need to do if that happened? I have 3 sessions to edit right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi photomom33,

Sorry that Photoshop Elements is not opening as it giving popups to buy the product again. Could you please take a look at the steps mentioned in this article User prompted to sign in repeatedly and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that and same thing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

If the previous solutions do not work, your computer could have trouble connecting to Adobe's activation servers. This could be because of an incorrectly configured Operating System hosts file (Operating system hosts files map host names to IP addresses).

To solve this issue, try removing Adobe-related entries from the hosts file. You can remove the Adobe-related entries from the hosts file in two ways:

Automatically repair the hosts file using the Limited Access Repair tool: Repair the hosts file using the Limited Access Repair tool. With this method, you do not have to manually edit the hosts file -- the tool automatically repairs the file.

Reset the hosts file manually: If the issue is not fixed even after you run the Limited Access Repair tool, reset the hosts file manually.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines