Highlighted

Elements 14 and Win 10 on Surface Pro 6 problem

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new Surface Pro 6 which operates windows 10. I got the PSElements 14 download from Adobe and installed it. The SP6 now won't boot up, just goes to the diagnostic/repair screen and the only way to fix it is to restore back to a point where PSE 14 wasn't installed. I re-installed PSE14 and then updated it straight away and the same problem persists, have to restore back to a point where PSE 14 wasn't installed. Worse comes to worse I'll buy PSE19, but tbh PSE 14 is all i really need for the editing i want to do. Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 14 and Win 10 on Surface Pro 6 problem

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new Surface Pro 6 which operates windows 10. I got the PSElements 14 download from Adobe and installed it. The SP6 now won't boot up, just goes to the diagnostic/repair screen and the only way to fix it is to restore back to a point where PSE 14 wasn't installed. I re-installed PSE14 and then updated it straight away and the same problem persists, have to restore back to a point where PSE 14 wasn't installed. Worse comes to worse I'll buy PSE19, but tbh PSE 14 is all i really need for the editing i want to do. Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response, I'll give them a go later on tonight when I've got some more spare time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0