• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 14 & Premiere 13.

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the 2 programs for several years now with no bother. However I am trying to print CD . DVD Labels and CD Jacket

I get a notice telling me that I should install the printer. and Cannot access default printer I have an HP.ENVY 4527. This same printer

prints of any other media in the same program. I can burn the CD / DVD. which these labels are for. No other problems as far as I am aware.

Any suggestions please to rectify. Easy instructions would be appreciated as I am a silver surfer 80 years old. Thank you. David Allenby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to print in the photo editor or the organizer or both?  If nothing is working, try deleting the preferences in the program you are trying to use.  To do this, hold Alt+Ctrl+Shift immediately after launching the program.  You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the settings file.  Say yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the swift reply. Unfortunately the steps do not work. I have tried each program in turn in various moded but to no avail.

Cannot get any preferences up at all and despite pressing ALT+CTRL+SHIFT nothing happens.

I selected 4 photos in the organiser and then went to create and selected CD/ DVD LABEL.

Panel comes up and I select and place photos on the blank label.

Press OK. and Print.

Get a drop down menu that has a big RED cross and a message. "Because the default printer could not be opened"

Back to Print Menu. change settings and select PRINT.

Got another drop down menu with another big Red cross " Because the requested printer does not exist."???

Back to organiser and can print any of the 300+ photos.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions!!!

Would it help to delete the program and re-install.???

Kind Regards.

David Allenby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Which version??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Windows 10 with all the updates.

My desk top is a Packard Bell. with a 1TB Hard Drive.

Thank you.

David Allenby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davida77140991  wrote

Hi All,

Windows 10 with all the updates.

My desk top is a Packard Bell. with a 1TB Hard Drive.

Thank you.

David Allenby

David,

There was a Widows 10 update in April 2018. This has  been a problem and requires a registry fix. See this tech note:

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All.

Thank you for the swift response. However I have hit a snag which I hope we can overcome.

Attached to this reply was a link ERROR:aN INTEGER BETWEEN 50 AND 8 IS REQUIRED|WINDOWS 10

Followed the instructions. HKEY-CURRENT-USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0

Right click on 14.0 drop down menu appears and shows New click and DWORD (32BIT) VALUE click

Now comes the problem. Item No.5. In the right pane, name the new key as "OverridePhysicalMemoryMB and press Enter.

This instruction does not exist. However right clicking on DWORD has a drop down menu with Modify on it. Clicked this and

new menu appears Selected the Decimal option.

Having done all this I went back to the Organiser and selected several photos, selected Create and selected CD/ DVD LABELS

Processed Label and pressed print and it was the same message as before.

HELP ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS.

Kind Regards.

David Allenby..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines