• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 and ACR with few options..

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Photoshop Elements 15 and I would also like to improve my knowledge of Adobe Camera Raw. I bought an Adobe Camera Raw manual and I realized that there is a more advanced Adobe Camera Raw with more options on the photos that mine.

So, I wonder:

Is it possible to upgrade Adobe Camera Raw to the latest "most powerful" version?

Is it possible to update Photoshop Elements 15 to Photoshop Elements 19?

Does PSE19 implement more advanced ACR?

Does PSE 19 require more hardware / software resources?

Sorry for my English!

Thanks bye

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2019 has the same raw tools as PSE 2015.

The full range of ACR tools are only available in Photoshop or Lightroom Clsssic via a subscriotion to a photography plan.

Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  the ACR available in 2019 is compatible with more recent cameras than 2015.  But if your current camera's raw images can be edited in 2015, as John says, there is no advantage to updating.

Is it possible to update Photoshop Elements 15 to Photoshop Elements 19?

The two programs are entirely independent.  However, I believe owners of a prior version can purchase 2019 at a discount from Adobe.

Does PSE 19 require more hardware / software resources?

I don't think the official specs have changed, but if you have a very large catalog, I think 2019 is more of a resource hog and does better with stronger hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an Adobe Camera Raw manual and I realized that there is a more advanced Adobe Camera Raw with more options on the photos that mine.

Which manual did you buy exactly?

Sounds like your manual is for Camera Raw for full Photoshop (not Photoshop Elements).

As 99jon intimates, Camera Raw for Photoshop Elements is a similar tool but with less features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

A Manual that i have purchased is an implementation of a "Digital Camera" magazine.

The options present in it are greater than those in my ACR.. 😞

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you every one for your help!

Can you tell me if the Lightroom Classic version still exists without a subscription? Buy and Install it one time paying it only once? With it I would also have complete ACR right?

Is ACR just a plug-in or can it also be installed as an independent program?

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if the Lightroom Classic version still exists without a subscription? Buy and Install it one time paying it only once?

If you are in the USA you can still buy old stock of LR6. Adobe stopped selling it months ago.

B&H Photo Video

Just bear in mind that it‘s outdated software no longer receiving any updates or new featues. The final version was 6.14 back in 2017. If I was you, I would not waste my money buying it.

The current version Lightroom Classic CC is only available by subscription.

ACR is a plugin for Photoshop and Bridge. There is no standalone version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Waller  wrote

ACR is a plugin for Photoshop and Bridge. There is no standalone version.

As a matter of fact, if you only have Bridge (which is free), you don't have ACR. You get a message stating that you need a 'qualifiying' program, which is either Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. If you are using Elements, you'll get only the limited version of ACR in Elements.

By the way, I never need other ACR features than those available in Elements. They are the fundamental ones. They are so powerful that I nearly edit all my files (raws and jpegs) in the Elements ACR only. Most missing options correspond to features available in the pixel editor in Elements. There are also a few other features available via the affordable Elements+ add-on. I have never felt the need to use Photoshop and/or Lightroom (which are installed in my computer). For me, the ACR version in Elements adds not only excellent, easy and fast raw conversion, but it adds a lot of other advantages like batch editing, parametric and non destructive editing, much faster and better editing of big batches of raw or jpegs from big events.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

I love to  work with ACR and Elements but a better version of ACR makes me curious.

I canno't pay a annual subscription for the program.. for me it is a stretch!

Thaks to everyone for the help!

Sorry for my English!

PS Why in my mail address i receive many answer and question of the Adobe Forum which are not answers to my question?

I'm Italian.. is there a manual or tutorial on PSE15  besides scott kelby's, in my language?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines