Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 Face Tagging - BUG

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Elements 15 upgrade from Elements 13

Elements suggests a tag for a face. There is a check mark and an X. Assume the check mark is to agree and accept that tag for that picture.  When the tag is wrong and I click on the X ... nothing happens. I assumed that clicking X would clear the tag and allow me to enter the correct tag.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To remove such faces from suggestion list, the recommended way is to go to People > Named View.

Single click on the stack whose name was provided as a suggestion > faces grid will open below that stack

Look for the faces that are not the faces of the same person > Select them and click Ignore.

If you prefer to do it from Single Image view in Media Grid, can you please try clicking that 'X' icon two times and see if it works. This might happen when the face you want to ignore appears as a suggestion for two or more named people, and hence single click does not update the action.

Thanks,
Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried, single click, double click, two single clicks, it just doesn't work. Tried clicking, changing object focus and then going back to that person, the X still doesn't work.

Hugh Dwyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has not yet been fixed. When in Media grid mode if the facial recognition proposes the wrong name clicking on the X does not clear the suggestion and allow me to enter the right name ... like it used to in the previous version. When can I expect an update to resolve this bug? Is it even on the bug list? This is a very annoying loss of functionality after the upgrade to Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the date... this problem has STILL not been fixed.  I paid for this program... get off your asses Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is still relevant, but in Elements 2020 this bug has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also encountered this bug while using Elements 13 and even in Elements 2019 it did not work well. But in Elements 2020 the bug is finally gone.
My workaround was to accept the wrong name and then click again on the name tag after which I could enter the first letter of the correct name and a list of names showed up from which I could select the correct one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines