Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements 15 not showing canon 5d mk iv preview when opening

New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have just upgraded to the canon 5d mk iv and while my elements 15 can open and edit the raw files there is no preview image in the dialogue box when I am trying to open them. Therefore I don't know what file it is until it is fully opened. JPEG files preview ok but not the RAW files. Has anyone any solution for this.

Thank you,

Ray.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Are you talking about a preview in the Organizer or in Windows File Explorer?  In Windows, there will be no preview of raw files.  This is a limitation of the operating system.  (There are some utilities you can buy that allow thumbnails for raw files to be previewed.)

If you are talking about the Organizer, it can sometimes take a while for the thumbnails to be built.  However, you can always speed up the process by selecting the file in the grid and updating the thumbnail, either from the Edit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you talking about a preview in the Organizer or in Windows File Explorer?  In Windows, there will be no preview of raw files.  This is a limitation of the operating system.  (There are some utilities you can buy that allow thumbnails for raw files to be previewed.)

If you are talking about the Organizer, it can sometimes take a while for the thumbnails to be built.  However, you can always speed up the process by selecting the file in the grid and updating the thumbnail, either from the Edit menu, a context menu or the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines