• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 organiser slow on iMac running Sierra

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new iMac user. I recently bought Elements 15 from the app store. There were a few problems with a crashing editor, but that was solved with an upgrade. My problem is that the organiser is so slow it is unusable. I have about 2000 photos in my catalogue, but even selecting a photo takes ages. And now for the strange part: the editor is amazingly fast, especially compared to my old windows version! A batch conversion of raw files to jpg is at least 5 times faster. so not a general problem with Sierra or elements. Anyone else with this problem, or a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going into Preferences - Performance and unticking the graphics card option. It made all the difference for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batman:

New iMac w 24 Gb RAM, Safari 13.0, Mojave 10.13, PSE 2020 runs very slow, spinning ball on everything,

Allocated more than 15 Gb to PSE.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found the problem; the previos version of PSE 15 was still installed, after using the PSE delete program, PSE 2020 is running the way it's supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines