• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 recently edited file list does not work.

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used chat and they told me to use this forum and I do not think that this is good customer service.  I paid a lot of money for Elements 15 and I contacted Adobe some months ago and I am still waiting for a response.

I cannot retrieve recently edited photographs via file, open recently edited file (I have to try to remember what I was last doing and find the photograph in my photograph library and then open it in Elements 15 as if it was a new file) because only the original 20 photographs show on the list.  Previously I had Elements 9 and this feature always worked and I used it regularly because a lot of the photographs that I edited are very old and take many hours to repair so I need this feature to work.  Please can you let me know how to get it working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which operating system are you running on?

I use Windows 10 and the MRU list gets updated for me so that is shows the last 20 used files.

How do you save your files - Save/Save As?

I take it that you don't use the organizer.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in PSE2015 which has never been corrected. It is solved in PSE2018.

The workaround was to delete particular (hidden) files and to select the max number of 100 instead of 20.

In your case, it would be much easier to include those files needing long edits in an album of the organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I am running Windows 10.  I do not use organiser because I do not wish to.  I only purchased Elements 15 because my Elements 9 stopped working after a Windows 10 up-date.  I wish I still had Elements 9 as everything worked on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PSE 9 still seems to work on my Windows 10 system. What problems did you have?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After one of the Windows 10 up-dates late last year I was not able to open any new or recently edited photographs so reluctantly I purchased Elements 15.  I cannot afford to replace Elements 15 with Elements 18 and in any case I have only had Elements 15 for less than six months. So I will have to put up with the issue however can I reload it as I do not have a disk like before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You could download it from here

Download Photoshop Elements 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7

You will need your serial number from your PSE 9 copy. If you registered PSE 9 with your Adobe ID, you should be able to find in My Account -> Plans & Products -> View your products.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also see that other discussion about the issue in PSE15, with a partial workaround:

Recently Edited Files ... stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I am running Windows 10.  I do save or save as, depending on whether I finish a photograph in one session.  I do not use organiser because I do not wish to.  I only purchased Elements 15 because my Elements 9 stopped working after a Windows 10 up-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines