• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 shuts down when trying to print

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of Elements 15 (I know, it's ancient, but since the porduct started getting WORSE, not better, with this one, I stopped updating) has suddenly shut down immediately on trying to print (whether by menu or short command (Ctrl+P)).

I get no error message, the program just closes down. I run Windows 10, 64-bit version.

Anybody out there who has a solution?

Cheers/Bernt

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Suggest that you reset preferences to default. Go to Edit>Preferences>general. 

Make sure that you have the latest driver for your printer. Check on the manufacturer's web site.

If this does not fix it, consider re-installing the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

FYI ... I just had this problem after a hard disk upgrade. Resetting the preferences, as you suggested, worked! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum, PSE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you reset preferences to default. Go to Edit>Preferences>general. 

Make sure that you have the latest driver for your printer. Check on the manufacturer's web site.

If this does not fix it, consider re-installing the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks hatstead. The preferences thing did nothing so I ended up having to reinstall - again, and that resolved the issue, for now. It's starting to be a regular thing, this reinstall PSE 15  - it is becoming truly annoying.

In addition to steering me in the right direction, you have now convinced me that I will just have to accept that the software will need regular reinstallations to work.
Do you guys at Adobe know what the basic problem is - is it something with Windows 10? It's easy to suspect that, as I never had any problems before I was upgraded to Win10.
Cheers/Bernt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small point - none of the people you've heard from are "at Adobe". These are community forums, and people just share their experience (which may be very extensive, or not...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - the title "Adobe Community Professional" is somewhat misleading then.... I am still grateful for the help/Bernt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it is. Adobe staff have a special Adobe badge and say staff. Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @adobe.com, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

berntr88573051 ,

I purchased a new desktop with WIN10 earlier this year. I plugged in my Epson printer and it worked without installation of a driver on my part. Subsequently I  learned that WIN10 comes with several generic drivers installed by Microsoft. However, I could not scan and the printing did not always proceed normally. Once I installed the appropriate driver via the Epson website, everything is ok. I suggest to you again to revisit this issue. You can also contact support from the printer company. Adobe no longer supports PSEv15.

Another option is to download the free 30-day trial of Photoshop Elements and try it out with your printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have already installed the Epson drivers and actually even uninstalled and reinstalled as well. On my computer it is fairly clear that after a certain amount of time PSE15 simply crashes and needs reinstalling to work. Pretty disappointing, but one life's "deal with it" lessons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI ... I just had this problem after a hard disk upgrade. Resetting the preferences, as you suggested, worked! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines