• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 18 Closing Down

Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently my copy of Elements 18 does not close down properly so much so that I have to close it down via the Task Manager. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but this makes no difference. 

I wonder if anyone out there is having the same problem and if so have they found or could they suggest a solution?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Organizer or the Editor or both?  When you uninstalled the program did you accept the option to remove all preferences?  If not, give that a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Thanks for replying. The issue that I'm talking about is the whole programme so basically it's both.

I uninstalled then reinstalled because I was already having this issue before I took the decision to uninstall it. I still have the issue which has been evident for about a year now. Restarting the PC, shutting the PC down or using the Task Manager seems to be the only way to close it down. 

I have had PSE 4 and 11 prior to 18 and both have been great however 18 was the only one I bought as a download, the others were disks.

I can find no logical reason for this. One day it was fine the next it wouldn't close down in the normal way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Greg, After checking it appears to be just the Organiser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  If you are willing, Support can take control of your computer and can get a better idea of what is happening on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines