• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements 18 crashing

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements 18 and been using it since it came out.   Everything has been fine.  Tonight I try to import photos from my D drive and it says that they are imported but they dont show up anywhere in organizer.  The total number of photos in the catalog doesn't change after it states that they are imported.   I have tried the hidden file thing, sort by newest, alt, ctrl, shift when starting, updating my computer, restarting it, removing the media analysis.  One thing that I did notice is that it states my OS is windows 8 when actually I have windows 10.   Please help as I am trying to edit recently taking family pictures.   Thanks Debbie

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yahyah9 said:

One thing that I did notice is that it states my OS is windows 8 when actually I have windows 10.

Where does it state that your OS is Windows 8?  In Help> System info... ?

When you say you updated your computer, do you mean that you installed a recent Win 10 update? Or, have you recently upgraded from Win 8 to 10?

What is the folder path that your new files are stored in?

Is your D drive an internal or external drive?

Have you tried Sort by Import Batch?  If so, when was the last import batch?  And was that date before or after you updated/upgraded your computer?

What happens if you open a file in the Editor using Windows file explorer, edit the file, then do a Save As AND check the boxes to Include in the Organizer and Save in Version Set?

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.02_20h30m04s_001_.png

You are now the third person that I have seen reporting this problem.  It may be related to a Windows update.  But the developers may need to know more information before they can track this down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info says windows 10.  Honestly, I can't remember where it stated windows 8.  I tried so many things from the forum last night.  I'll keep looking.

When I said updated I just meant that I did a windows update.  I have already run this program on windows 10

I show my path is:    Hopefully I did that right.   went to folder Shift right click copy path and then paste correct?

"D:\king pics"

my D drive is internal

Batch import was 3/1/2020 before I did my update

Tried opening a file in editor cropped the picture went to save as but it will not allow me to click on the "save in version set" button

Thanks for troubleshooting this with me!

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried opening a file in editor cropped the picture went to save as but it will not allow me to click on the "save in version set" button

Did it allow you to Include in the Organizer?

I have reported your problem to Adobe and hopefully somebody from support will reach out to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines