• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 18 no serial code

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in serious trouble here.  I downloaded Elements 18 from the Adobe website.........rather than Elements 19 because I didn't want that "splash screen".  I have used the trial version for 2 weeks now.  Now when I go to buy it.............I can't!!!  I have no serial number and per a chat with Adobe I can't get one.  I am crying.  I have spent so much time downloading my plug-ins.....setting my printer Preferences, my color Preferences, etc etc.  I just can't face downloading and starting all over again.  Does anyone have a solution. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only buy the current version. Always been that way. What is this "splash screen" you don't want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That stupid "Welcome Screen".  Yes, I know there is a work around.  With Adobe's help I found a 2018 copy on Amazon.  Hopefully it is not bogus copy.  I ordered it.

My complaint is.................I should not have been allowed to download a trial version of Elements 2018 if I wasn't going to be allowed to buy it.  I understand others may have already purchased 2018 and need to download again but why is it available with no warning that you can't buy.

I have cried over this, really physically cried.  It is very upsetting.  The last thing I want to do is download again and go through convert my catalog and getting my preferences,printer, color spaces all set up as I want them.

This has left a very bad taste in my mouth.  Hopefully, the new CD comes and the serial number works and maybe I will forget how horrible this experience of upgrading/updating has been.

I have been a customer for 15 years and also use Lightroom.............so it is not like I am not familiar with their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear of your experience. I think Adobe makes all the trial versions available for testing, particularly for customers with older computer operating systems. I’m glad you found a copy of PSE 2018 on Amazon. Simply use the serial number commencing 1057 when launching the trial and click the button “Licence this software”

There is no need to un-install and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines