• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 20 will only let me go to the Editor from the Organiser once !!

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I wonder if someone could help me, I recently bought Elements 20 after having a few versions over the years but upgraded camera needed it, whilst in Organiser theres a link in the tool bar at the bottom to go into Editor, but after doing it once I find I cant go in again even when closing it all down, looking in Task Manager it still shows Adobe Elements is still open, if I close it down I can access the Editor from the Organiser but again just the once and will have to repeat the proces of manually closing in Task Manager, has anyone any idea what to do as its stopping me using it and looking for alternatives 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a random and annoying problem that usually resolves.

Just to be clear, are you using Elements 2020 (which is actually version 18)?   Did you purchase via boxed disc or via download (and if so, when)? 

Is it the Editor or  the Organizer that is refusing to close on exit?  Or both?

Try turning off all media analysis in the Organizer to see whether it makes any difference.  (Uncheck all boxes in Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis.)  If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  When you are uninstalling, make sure to approve the option to delete/remove all preferences.  (I'm not sure of the exact wording.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that when I switch off, stuffs still showing in Task Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I notice that when I switch off, stuffs still showing in Task Manager
By @Gordon98A6

Do you mean after you exit the program?  Please give us a sceenshot of your Task Manager after closing the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines