Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2018 fails to respond after launch

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Elements 2018 on W10.

It launches very quickly but then fails to respond to any input at all for up to 30-40 seconds. After this time everything works as it should. It's not a major problem in so far as it does actually work, but the delay after launching is very irritating.

Can anyone help please.

Roger

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Editor or the Organizer? What OS are you using?  Is this something that has happened recently or has it always operated like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Editor and I'm using Windows 10 on a four month old Dell All in one. This is a recent occurrence and I am unaware of anything which might have caused it. Maybe Windows updates ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the Organizer at all?  If you have a large catalog, the auto-analysis that takes place in the background can interfere with the Editor.  But if you are working with an older catalog, that is unlikely.  Yes, the problem could be caused by MSFT updates.  All I can suggest is to try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button. This will take the program back to its original condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg, I have reset preferences but that has made no difference. The whole of Premier Elements was transferred from another computer when I bought the Dell about four months ago, since that time I have probably not used Organizer until recently when I noticed that lots of photos appeared to be missing. For example when using the "People" tab none of the previously named faces were there. Could something have happened with the catalog to have caused this and the problem with editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole of Premier Elements was transferred from another computer when I bought the Dell about four months ago, since that time I have probably not used Organizer until recently when I noticed that lots of photos appeared to be missing.

How did you make the transfer?  Simply copying files from one computer to another isn't going to work.  Your photo files are probably "missing" because, even if you properly copied the catalog files, the actual media files to which the catalog makes reference, may be in a different location than your original computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure that I quite understand. The problem has only occured in the last week or so and the transfer to the Dell took place about four months ago so if there was a problem arising from the transfer I would have expected it to show itself as soon as I started using the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines