• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2018 will no longer open

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope someone can help, from this morning Elements 2018 won't open and the following error messages pop up

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

When I ok this, the next error is displayed

"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

I have tried reinstalling twice without success. (reinstallation throws up an error saying that there had been a problem, details of error report below)

What can I do next

Installation error report:

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW003, DW071 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 6 error(s)

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package (x64) 14.10.25017.0 {636D196A-789E-455D-825E-5FA79F670001} -----------

ERROR: DW071:

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer vc_redist.x64.exe failed with exit code: 1638

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package (x64). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "E:\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018\payloads\Microsoft VC 2017 Redist (x64)\vc_redist.x64.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package (x86) 14.10.25017.0 {636D196A-789E-455D-825E-5FA79F670000} -----------

ERROR: DW071:

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer vc_redist.x86.exe failed with exit code: 1638

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "E:\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018\payloads\Microsoft VC 2017 Redist (x86)\vc_redist.x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums

It seems you are facing issue with the launch of Adobe Elements .

Could you please follow the steps below :

• Browse location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\
& C:\ProgramData\Adobe\
• Rename SLCache & SLStore to SLCache.old & SLStore.old & tried to open Adobe Elements
• Open Control Panel >> Program & Features & repair Microsoft Visual C++
• Restart operating system & check Adobe Elements 
• When you will double clik the icon for the 1st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums

It seems you are facing issue with the launch of Adobe Elements .

Could you please follow the steps below :

• Browse location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\
& C:\ProgramData\Adobe\
• Rename SLCache & SLStore to SLCache.old & SLStore.old & tried to open Adobe Elements
• Open Control Panel >> Program & Features & repair Microsoft Visual C++
• Restart operating system & check Adobe Elements 
• When you will double clik the icon for the 1st time , give it some time to load 
• Enter you adobe id & password followed by serial number for activation .

Let us know if that helps 

Thanks
Regards
Dhananjay Sati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dhananjay,

Thank you for the reply, this worked, Elements has opened ok.

Thanks

Alexd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am glad that it worked for you .

You can mark my post as "Correct Answer".

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay Sati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I read your post which is very good but I have a Mac running Big sur. Elements won't open. When I attemted

To open it A small window appeared wanting me to upgrade. There doesn't seem any point as I only use it to photo

edit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. best wishes, David Sryden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Biggles234 Elements 2018 cannot run on Big Sur.  You need at least Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. Not really what I wanted to read so have to shell out again!

Best wishes David Dryden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines