• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2018 wont start on Mac

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am not computer savvy and would appreciate anyones help. I have a new IMac which was set-up 2 days ago. It is using Catalina. I always had a Mac and never had problems. I shut the computer down last night and when I restarted this morning, Elements 2018 would not launch. The icon is displayed at the bottom of the screen but when I click on it, it bounces twice then stops. Is there anyone that can help me. Ty Peter

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need all new apps for Catalina, your old ones are no use to you. (They might run for a while, until Apple discover you still have old apps, and block them forever).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, all versions below elements 2020 will not work on Catalina since they still use 32bit software parts in their software. MacOS will not run any 32bit code.

Since elements is supported only for one year maximum (only until the next major update), i can and will advice people to go and look for better software. software that is better supported by their makers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel badly for you Peters.  Much of the objective info available here (and here) was issued by Apple Inc, industry pundits, software developers and bloggers, etc long before Catalina's release and in an effort to spare Mac users, like yourself, this dreadful experience.  You'll have to purchase Photoshop Elements 2020 to continue using it on Mac OS X 10.15 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

eh? The dreadful experience of needing to buy new apps was Apple's careful and deliberate plan. 64 bit requirements were just a part of it. This is part of the joy of Mac.  There was only a year’s notice that all apps would need notarising. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines