Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 crashes when I try to print

Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has been working fine, using HP Officejet Pro 6968, Win 10, Alienware computer. Last 2 days it suddenly crashed when I try to print, just sending a crash report and closing. Can edit, cut, paste, etc - just can't print. No update notices, so no idea what is going on. Can anyone help with this one? Not computer expert, just small Scentsy business and ESO player. LOL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried printing in both the Editor and the Organizer?  Do they both crash?  In any event, you should delete the preferences file in both programs.  To do this, immediately upon launching the program, hold the Shift+Alt+Ctrl keys down.  A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file.  You should answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Every time I have a photo open and I go to print the image it just crashes. It also immediatly crashes when I try to change the advanced settings to best quality before printing. It then immediatly freezes and sends out a crash report. I have already deleted the setting file and that did not fix the issue. Is there any other known fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did an uninstall and reinstall. Corrected the problem, whatever it was. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is usually fixed by deleting the preferences file.  See this article for instructions.

Edit:  When I first opened this thread, only the original post was visible.  After I entered this post, the remaining replies appeared.  This forum is still having teething problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Could you please install the latest Windows update on your system? This issue has been resolved in the following Windows update: (KB4517389 - OS Build 18362.418).

If the issue isn't resolved even after installing the updates, please let me know.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines