• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 crashing when starting organizer

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Organizer has suddenly started crashing. I saw another post on deleting the settings file when opening organizer from the splash screen, but that did not work. Nor does starting organizer directly without going via the splash screen. Only difference now is that it has stopped sending a crash report after I said yes to deleting the settings file. I run Windows 10 and have about 30,000 pictures in the catalog

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with the Elements Organizer crashing on launch. 

Would you mind confirming if you are using a Mac or a Windows computer and the location where your Catalog is saved (on an external drive or the local storage of the computer)?

The image you imported in the Elements catalog are saved locally on the storage and the catalog only holds the previews of the images so there should not be any loss of images.

If you are working with a Windows computer, please launch the Organizer from the home screen with the Ctrl + Shift keys pressed together to get the Catalog Manager window and create a new catalog to check if the Organizer launches. If you are on a Mac, you can access the Catalog Manager with the Command and Shift keys pressed together while launching the Organizer.

Let us know if that helps and you are able to launch the Organizer with a new catalog.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on win10 pro version 1903 os build 18362.476

Multidisk and multicpu desktop computer with double graphics cards and giant eizi screen specifically built for working with videos and photos before I got hooked on mac again. OS on C: Software on S: All pictures on P:. And I have forgotten where the catalog resides. But thanks for the tip. Creating an extra catalog made the software work again. At least so far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that worked. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines