• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 not compatable with OS Catalina.

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Having recently purchased elements 2019 I am a bit peeved to find the it will not be compatable with my mac should I upgrade to OS Catalina. Is there something in the pipeline to upgrade elements 2019, so it is compatable with Catalina? As it stands I either do not upgrade to Catalina or upgrade and lose the use of elements. If I am forced to upgrade will I have to pay the full amount again for the program, of which I have had the use of for three months at the most. 

JG

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnGirr I get where you're coming from.  I remember missing out on Mac OS X Lion because it would have rendered Photoshop CS3 unusable on my Snow Leopard machine so I decided to skip the update.  It wasn't that hard because I loved Snow Leopard anyway.  But in your case, if you upgrade to Catalina, you're not only looking at losing Photoshop Elements 2019 but ALL 32 bit apps and plugins you may have installed (Adobe and otherwise).  You'll have to decide what matters most to you.  The only way to run Photoshop Elements on Catalina comes by way of purchasing Photoshop Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. Hopefully Adobe will come up with a solution rather than just me paying out more cash for the same product!
JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe won't make 2019 compatible with Catalina. That ship has sailed. You will require version 2020.

Curiously, Photoshop Elements 2019 is 64 bit but the installer and other utility files are 32 bit. So 2019 should run OK on Catalina (although Adobe won't support it) but you won't be able to install or uninstall it.

The only way to run 2019 on Catalina is to upgrade your operating system with 2019 already installed. No guarantees with this unsupported approach but it's an option.

Having said that. if you have no compelling reason to upgrade to Catalina right now then another option is to stay with Mojave and keep using Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines