• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 Organiser Drag and Drop to Word 2016 File Path only shown no picture

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements 14 for a number of years and have always just dragged pictures from the organiser into Microsoft word when I needed to.  Having recently upgraded to Elements 2019 now when I do this all I get is the text of the file path not the picture. 

As an alternative I have tried copy and paste but the paste of the image takes between 30s and 55s which is an inordinate amount of time.

Dragging images into Word from file explorer works as normal and is instantaneous.

Please could someone let me know how I can get drag and drop from organiser working again?1 (1).jpg

2 (1).jpg

My system details are:

Elements Organizer 17.0.0.0

Core Version: 17.0 (20180830.m.125874)

Language Version: 17.0 (20180830.m.125874)

Current Catalog:

Catalog Name: My Catalog temp 1

Catalog Location: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog temp 1\

Catalog Size: 486.2MB

Catalog Cache Size: 2.9GB

System:

Operating System Name: Windows 10

Operating System Version: 10.0

System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:10 Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2

Built-in Memory: 7.9GB

Free Memory: 3.7GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve never used that method personally. If you keep the info panel open on the right of organizer, simply click on location for your selected photo. It will open in explorer, already pre-selected and ready to drag into a word document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sailingjez,

You could see the below link for similar query.

PSE 2019 Cannot Drag and Drop to Outlook

Thanks

Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines