Highlighted

Elements 2019 Organiser

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Organiser looked great when I heard about it. I had previously tagged all my photos on my Mac with Keywords. When I imported all my 35k into Elements it looked a real mess, How do I so, for example put stuff into Albums? Can I see my Apple MAc tags?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 2019 Organiser

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Organiser looked great when I heard about it. I had previously tagged all my photos on my Mac with Keywords. When I imported all my 35k into Elements it looked a real mess, How do I so, for example put stuff into Albums? Can I see my Apple MAc tags?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you "import' your files in the organizer, you are scanning them and entering all the information about those files into a database. That is, the file location on your computer, exif data, the information you may have stored in the files, like captions and tags, and it creates small thumbnails for browsing. No files are copied. So, did you write the tags and captions directly into the files before importing? In that case, the tags and captions are imported in the catalog.

There is no reason to see a 'mess', since nothing is changed in your file organization, which is only read.  What makes you think it is a mess?

Maybe have a look at the videos for using the catalog in the online help? Or post a screenshot here of what seems wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 0