• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 Organizer Bug?

Advocate ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to PSE2019. I am running it on a Win 7 Pro 64-bit PC. I have the taskbar on my PC set to Auto-hide. When I'm in Organizer and it's maximized, I CAN NOT pull up the taskbar by moving my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I CAN use ALT-TAB to move to a different window but I'd prefer to just use my mouse to switch windows. The Editor does NOT have this problem.

Has this problem been reported previously? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

There has been serious problems in past Elements versions with the Auto-hide choice of the taskbar. That's why I would not be surprised if Adobe considers the present behaviour as 'By design'. Anyway, most organizer users do avoid the Auto-hide choice. It's possible to work in the organizer in non maximized state with nearly the same window dimension and to switch with a single click.

I am working on a 24" 1920 x 1200 display, so the taskbar height is not really an issue for me. In my present Win

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been serious problems in past Elements versions with the Auto-hide choice of the taskbar. That's why I would not be surprised if Adobe considers the present behaviour as 'By design'. Anyway, most organizer users do avoid the Auto-hide choice. It's possible to work in the organizer in non maximized state with nearly the same window dimension and to switch with a single click.

I am working on a 24" 1920 x 1200 display, so the taskbar height is not really an issue for me. In my present Win 10 I have set the taskbar option to show small icons to recover more space vertically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello MichelBParis,

I also use a 24" 1920 x 1200 display. I just resized the Organizer screen so that it's just a wee bit from touching the bottom edge. It's working ok to pull up the taskbar.

It's kind of odd that the Editor works just fine when it's maximized. It seems as if the two teams that developed the Organizer and the Editor do not talk to one another!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wchettel  wrote

Hello MichelBParis,

It seems as if the two teams that developed the Organizer and the Editor do not talk to one another!

Elements and the organizer have been developped separately more than fifteen years ago by totally different teams. They have different functions, and while the editor is meant to manage many windows (especially if you set your preferences to allow floating documents in Expert mode), the organizer has always been intended to be the main user interface and does not care about working with external softwares at the same time.

The task bar Auto hide is a Windows feature which is far from being essential in an editing session. My guess is also that the Elements team has to take into account the two platforms: Windows and Macs. It's almost a legacy feature which was really needed in old low-res displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines