• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 Organizer on Mac

New Here ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to use Organizer, file, get photos and videos from my hard drive located in the Apple Photos. The screen shoot shows what I see. How can I fix so I can see the photo images? Note on the right side I see the proper file name and location.   When I click on the file location, the entire photo appears in a new window, showing the fire name and followed by locked.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s best not to reference the same files in both the Photos and Elements apps otherwise you could end up with file corruption. The choices are:

-Export copies from photos to the desktop and import the duplicates into Organizer.

-Edit directly from the Photos app and save back the edited versions using extensions.

Photos on Mac OS now permits the use of Extensions.  Go to this link for more information:

External Editors For Photos  in the App Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon!  I tried to -Export copies from photos to the desktop and import the duplicates into Organizer. Unfortunately, this is what I have. How do I fix?  When I am done, can I delete the photos on desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you exporting from the Photos app? JPEG or some other forma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was exporting from photos on the Mac in JPEG.  I re-read your initial email. I successfully resolved the issue by creating a new catalog, and I was able top successful import. Your comment about file corruption was the key. Thank you!

Lawrence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines