Highlighted

Elements 2019: Raw files only display as a white icon

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded many raw and some jpeg images to my Windows based computer from my Canon camera. The file extension is .CR2

When I open Elements 2019 and search out the file folder, the jpeg images show up as expected as a photo, however the raw only show as a white icon with a mountain image along with the image number and extension below.

It will be very hard to decide what raw images to process out of 100's. I can not view them all conveniently to decide what are the images that I want to work on.

Is my Elements missing a codec or something to read the Raw files?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 2019: Raw files only display as a white icon

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded many raw and some jpeg images to my Windows based computer from my Canon camera. The file extension is .CR2

When I open Elements 2019 and search out the file folder, the jpeg images show up as expected as a photo, however the raw only show as a white icon with a mountain image along with the image number and extension below.

It will be very hard to decide what raw images to process out of 100's. I can not view them all conveniently to decide what are the images that I want to work on.

Is my Elements missing a codec or something to read the Raw files?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2019 should be able to read and preview your .cr2 raw files.  (It does not yet accept the latest Canon camera which produced .cr3 files I believe.)

Can you open the files in the Editor?  The Adobe Camera Raw plug-in should open in the Editor.  If so, it is possible that your raw file thumbnails have not generated yet.  Try selecting one  of the raw files in the Organizer and press Ctrl+Shift+U to force an update of the thumbnail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from my Canon camera.

Which Canon camera model exactly?

Supported cameras are listed here: Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Elements 2019 ships with Camera Raw 10.4 and can be updated to the current version 11.3

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Which version of Camera Raw do you have installed?

Help > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw

Try updating your Camera Raw plugin in Elements 2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2019 0