• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 Remove scanner, skip welcome page, set scanner default dpi ?

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently when I open elements 2019 to do a simple scan I have to:

1. Open the welcome page and select which program to open. I only use the photo editor

and have no interest in the others. Is it possible to just open straight to the editor?

2. Then to import from scanner I have to choose between 2 network scanners, the Canon that I would like to be the default and my HP printer that is not a scanner. Can I get rid of the Printer?

3. I would like my scanning dpi to always be 300 but every time I have to choose it from the menu that

defaults to 150.

I do no see any way to clean up this mess and have to go through about 20 extra clicks every time I want to simply scan a photo. So counterproductive. Is this asking too much?

Thank You

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

You can set a shortcut for PSE Editor on the desktop. This is for Windows. I don't have a clue as to how to do it on a Mac.

Open File Explorer. Go to C drive>Program Files (x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements (version#)Editor. Right click on this and in the contextual menu go to Send to desktop - create shortcut.

As for scanning, I always use the software that came with my scanner, and save the scan to a folder on my desktop. I then open this in PSE.

You may be well served to consult with the administ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set a shortcut for PSE Editor on the desktop. This is for Windows. I don't have a clue as to how to do it on a Mac.

Open File Explorer. Go to C drive>Program Files (x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements (version#)Editor. Right click on this and in the contextual menu go to Send to desktop - create shortcut.

As for scanning, I always use the software that came with my scanner, and save the scan to a folder on my desktop. I then open this in PSE.

You may be well served to consult with the administrator of your network to enable default scanner and printer. If you are the administrator, open Printers and Scanners in the control panel and set the machines to default.

On my Epson scanner the dpi value remains sticky. This would appear to be an idiosyncrasy related to your scanner and not to PSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines