• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 scanning problems

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Elements 2019 strange behavior when scanning photos.

After I installed Elements 2019 ( Swedish language), I got scanning problems.

After scanning 4-5 photos, Elements start to claim that file .JPG-file exists.

I switched to .TIFF, and could scan 4-5 photos before the same message came.

Same happened with .PNG. After 4-5 scanning, the same thing happened

And now both.TIFF and .PNG  are “illegal” formats when scanning from Elements 2019.

What is wrong with Elements 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please post a screenshot of the error message? Also, please let us know your Operating System details.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank for answering me.

Here is W10-Norwegian Home-version and screenshot of error from Swedish version of Adobe:

Ragnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ragnar,

Thanks for providing the requested details.

This message is received when the particular file/files are already present in the Elements Organizer. Could you please check if that's the case?

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thank you for investigation my problem.

I have also an idea that maybe the file “scan.jpg” exist, and because of this I did it this way:

1: I created a EMPTY folder on “E:\Scannerbilder” and forced Elements to store scanned jobs in this folder( se my picture)

2: But Elements Import also  seem to use a SECOND location to store scanned files automatically:

“C:\Users\Ragnar\AppData\Local\Temp\PSAlubumimport”

For each scanning, Adobe also creates a subfolder under PSAlbumimport that is named by the timestamp date an hour and put a “scan.jpg” on in this folder too.

I can clear both of this folders before scanning, but Adobe generate the same error anyway.

I have used earlier versions of Adobe Elements for many years now, but never seen this behaviour before. It started after 2019-version vas installed.

Ragnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines