Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 unable to finish download

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. 

This week I purchased a new Mac running Big Sur, I have gone to download Elements 2019 and I get to a point where I select which version have a used and then try and launch Elements howver a box appears saying the file is corrupt. I have tried downloading it again and again with no luck. Is their a bug with Elements19 not able to run with Big Sur?

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2019 will not work with Big Sur.  You need Elements 2020 or 2021.  And even with those, there are still some bugs with Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my 2019 elements is now obsolete because I have a newer OS. Do you know if Adobe are supporting people like me to upgrade to the 2020 or 2021 edition with a discount? It's frustrating now because it forces me to pay more when it was working perfectly before having Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. As an owner of a prior version, you can buy Elements 2021 for a discounted price. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, how do I do this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to sound like a used car salesman, but Adobe is having a 30% off sale today.  I don't know how long the sale will last.  But if it is no longer in effect when you click on my link, there should be an option for the  regular upgrade discount when you click on the Buy button.  Other online retailers may have similar discounts at this time of year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will the upgrade work as I cannot install 2019 on my machine? Does it simply mean if I already have a version of elements (2019 in this case) under my account it will still add the full 2021 edition to my account then I can hopefully install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You don't need to install the old version for the new version to work.  I believe you only have to enter your old serial number (and the new one) to confirm your eligibility for the upgrade discount.  The discounted copy that is available today does not require this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  That's what we're here for.  I see that the 30% discount is still available.  Hope you were able to nab it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines