Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2019 vs Elements 10

New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a quick question that I hope you can help me with. I just purchase and downloaded Photoshop Elements 19, as an upgrade from Photoshop

Elements 10. Since I had Element 10 pretty much mastered in relation to cleaning up photos for the Internet, can Elements 19 get close to that, if so how? If I can at least duplicate what I could do in Elements 10, then I can start learning what I now do in Elements 19.

Thanks,

John Sisker

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the most part, all of the editing features that were available in Elements 10 are available in Elements 2019.  Make sure you are in the Expert Mode to access all of the power of the Editor in 2019.  The latest version has many features that were not available in Elements 10, e.g. haze removal and shake reduction.  When you first open the Welcome Screen, you should have been given the opportunity to indicate which version you are updating from.  If you answered that question, the cards and tutorials available on the welcome screen will highlight what is new to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the quick

feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I opened Elements 19 just to take a quick look-see. I really didn’t do much of anything, but right away, I could see this was nothing like Elements 10. Hence, my question.

Likewise, I don’t remember any questions or options for Expert Mode and/or witch version I upgraded from. What if I have already passed this option?

As I said, I would like to get back to the

look of Elements, to at least edit photos in a familiar environment, that is, until I get the hang of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Greg says most of the tool box should be familiar. Expert is simply another name for full edit. The tool options are now at the bottom Otherwise everything works the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I mean by Quick and Expert Modes:Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.13_16h37m01s_000_SnapCollage.png

I think the Elements Editor opens in the Quick Mode which has very basic editing options.  If you click on the Expert tab at the top of the screen, you should see a fuller set of tools that you are more accustomed to, although the "look" has changed from Elements 10.  Let us know if you have other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines