Highlighted

Elements 2019 won't run on OS10.14.2

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my iMac OS to 10.14.2 recently and my copy of Elements 2014 started playing up.  Every action I took led to the dread spinning beach ball.  I found a work around by giving Element control of the environment it ran in but I wasn't happy with that so I bit the bullet and forked out for Elements 2019.

It's has the same problems as my 2014 copy!  What's going on Adobe?  How can you sell a product designed for the Mac environment that won't run on the latest version.  Of course it's almost impossible to contact Adobe customer support to get answers, like most software companies they don't want to talk to their customers because it's cheaper to let the user base sort it out between them.

So has anyone found a solution to Elements 2019 and OS10.14.2?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 2019 won't run on OS10.14.2

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my iMac OS to 10.14.2 recently and my copy of Elements 2014 started playing up.  Every action I took led to the dread spinning beach ball.  I found a work around by giving Element control of the environment it ran in but I wasn't happy with that so I bit the bullet and forked out for Elements 2019.

It's has the same problems as my 2014 copy!  What's going on Adobe?  How can you sell a product designed for the Mac environment that won't run on the latest version.  Of course it's almost impossible to contact Adobe customer support to get answers, like most software companies they don't want to talk to their customers because it's cheaper to let the user base sort it out between them.

So has anyone found a solution to Elements 2019 and OS10.14.2?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2019 0
andy-44 LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although not the correct answer it did lead me to the correct answer.  The fix that made Elements 2914 usable on OS 10.14.2 was exactly as indicated by Peru Bob (give it control) so when I went to check in Security I noticed that Elements 2019 WAS ALSO CHECKED TO ALLOW IT TO CONTROL THE COMPUTER, as 2019 is a full 64bit program I unchecked it and tried again.  Everything seems fine now, I just can't explain why the OS decided to take this action. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2019 0