• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 cannot be installed using Chrome

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2020 will not allow this program to be installed.  However, Microsoft Edge will but I now have to purchase it from Microsoft.  How can I work around this?  If I can't do this then I will have to get my money back and I don't know how to.  Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you purchase from?  What happens when you try to download using Chrome? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased it from Adobe directly.  Chrome would not allow me to install it, even though I already had 2019.  Apparently, Chrome thought it was malware.  Chrome is starting to put a lot of restrictions on many downloads to prevent malware etc.  Anyway, when I went to Microsoft Edge it would install the program but I had to purchase the update from them.  I have a trial Photoshop Elements at the moment.  I need to get my money back from Adobe.  I've been using  the 2019 version in Chrome without a problem so I assumed there would not be a problem with update to 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.Yesterday someone posted this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-2020/td-p/11418422?page=1

2. There is an optional Windows 10 update to Windows 10  2004. I have not updated on my machine. I wonder if this update is the culprit rather than Chrome.

3. FYI, I have automatic updates disabled and check monthly myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean Chrome is blocking the installer download. Once you've downloaded the installer, the installation is independent of the browser.

I installed PSE four days ago, under Win10, no problem. I bought it and downloaded the installer using Firefox. I suggest that.

Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you receive any error message while trying to download/install the software? If yes, please share a screenshot of the same. That'll help us in debugging the issue.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Problem solved and money returned, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines