• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 compatibility with Nikon Z5 raw files?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Elements with my Nikon D810, and it worked well. Today I updated my PSE 2020 software and downloaded my first Z5 image raw files. Nothing works well! What a mess? Are the two compatible? 

Ted B. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new Nikon requires ACR 12.4.  Are you able to open a raw file in the ACR editor?  If so, which version of ACR are you displaying?  (I have ACR 12.4, but I don't remember whether I used a workaround to install it.)  If you only have ACR 12.0 or 12.3, take a look at this workaround which should work for you.  (But don't try to install 13.0 as it probably won't work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It is great to talk to someone about this. 

I currently have Elements 2020 which shipped with 11.3 (from the charts) and was upgraded to 12.0, which says that it is the highest that it will go. Elements 2021 ships with 12.3 but will upgrade to 13.0. 

Would it be best to upgrade to Elements 2021? Do you think that would fix my Camera Raw format (extension) problem with the Nikon Z5? 

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can't open a camera raw image. Sorry, I missed that Q. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2021 has just updated to ACR 13.0, so your raw files should be compatible.  To confirm for yourself, you can download the 30-day free trial.

But, as I said, I have ACR 12.4 installed and working in Elements 2020.  Did you try the workaround I linked above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I did try your workaround. When I got to the end of it, it looked like what I had. I'm sorry to say I didn't get something correct in the process. I'll try it again and try not to mess up. This is a whole new experience for me...to say the least. But I'm learning and will continue to do so. 

Thank you again!

Ted B.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines