Highlighted

Elements 2020 Does Not Support Most Recent ACR Version (12.2)

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot process RAW files from the new Olympus OMD EM1 Mark III in Elements. The issue is the version of ACR supported in Elements. ACR 12.2 released in April does include support for the Mark III, but Elements only runs up to ACR version 12.0.

Other than converting Olympus raw files into DNG or TIff, is there a way to force Elements 20 to recognize the most recent version of ACR? Or does someone have an idea when Elements will be updated to include ACR 12.2?

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 2020 Does Not Support Most Recent ACR Version (12.2)

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot process RAW files from the new Olympus OMD EM1 Mark III in Elements. The issue is the version of ACR supported in Elements. ACR 12.2 released in April does include support for the Mark III, but Elements only runs up to ACR version 12.0.

Other than converting Olympus raw files into DNG or TIff, is there a way to force Elements 20 to recognize the most recent version of ACR? Or does someone have an idea when Elements will be updated to include ACR 12.2?

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The Camera Raw updates for the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are released separately. The April release is compatible only with the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop.

For now, we do not have a way to make Photoshop Elements recognize the latest Camera Raw version. We do not have an official timeline on when the update for Photoshop Elements 2020 to support Camera Raw 12.2 would be rolled out.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That s rather upsetting

I just cashed out 150 euros for Elements suite and I have an EM 1 MkIII which needs ACR 12.2.

Apart of having wasted money I think that it is now time to move to a different program, definitely NOT and ADOBE one anymore...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more.  I've moved on from Adobe, and I was not only an Elements user, but also full Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider converting to DNG

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of Raw images into Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your software

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac OS | Windows

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0