• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 editing videos via Organizer

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get Premiere to save the video back to where it came from.  Photoshop Editor gives you the filename and you can save/savas and the picture ends up in the same folder in my Picture Library either as a new file or over-writes the original.  Is there anyway to get Premiere to do the same?

It looks like I have to retype the filename  into a project  name and then refind the directory where it came from and then export it there.   I can't even find a way to copy the filename within Premiere to save me typing!   Woe is me.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Premiere Elements does not actually edit your video files.  It creates a project from your video source files which you can then export to a new video file.  Since you may use any number of video files to create a video project, the program would not have any idea which file you intend to replace.  I'm afraid if you intend to export a file from a new project to replace a file in your catalog, you will have to configure that manually.  That is probably not considered a desired behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does not actually edit your video files.  It creates a project from your video source files which you can then export to a new video file.  Since you may use any number of video files to create a video project, the program would not have any idea which file you intend to replace.  I'm afraid if you intend to export a file from a new project to replace a file in your catalog, you will have to configure that manually.  That is probably not considered a desired behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I just thought that if the Editor can do it, maybe Premiere could do it too.  C'est la vie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines