• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 from Microsoft app store / can I use it on my new Mac

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently made the mistake of purchasing a new HP laptop to replace my old dead Macbook. Big mistake, I hate it and will be returning it. I've already purchased a new Macbook Air. I had downloaded Elements 2020 from the Microsoft app store on the HP. Now that I'm returning it am I just out the money? Or is there a way to move/use this app somehow to my new Macbook? I thought I could do this with the serial number, but on the Microsoft app I cannot even find a serial number. Is there one with a download (as opposed to the old way of loading it from a cd)?

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not hurry to return the HP laptop.

You have chosen the Microsoft Store version of Elements 2021, which is not licensed by Adobe, but by Microsoft (It's a different version). Neither Adobe nor Apple can be expected to provide you a Mac version for free, but you might be entitled to a refund from Microsoft.

Also, be sure to verify if the OS version of your Mac (Catalina or Big Sur) works with PSE2020 or rather with PSE2021 if you can't get the refund from Microsoft. My understanding is that if you have Catalina, PSE2020 will work (with a number of glitches) and if you have Big Sur, PSE2021 will be required and you can download a trial version to be sure. Don't take my word for it, I am not a Mac user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for your response. I did not realize that the Elements I purchased is specific to Microsoft, so I appreciate that insight. The HP is definitely going back, as I am a longtime Mac user and can only plead temporary insanity in replacing my old laptop with a non-Mac. Fortunately I had not yet terminated my subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud, so now that I've purchased a new Mac I'll just go back to using Photoshop and Bridge as I was before my previous laptop died.  I'll investigate getting a refund from the Microsoft App Store before returning the HP.  Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines