Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 licence limitations.

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to the Adobe Community.

I'm running on an old iMac (Sierra OSX 10.13.6) and want to purchase Photoshop. I note that the new version (2021) is not compatible with my Mac (requiring OSX 10.14 and above). I therefore wanted to download a stand alone version of Elements 2020. I intend to run this on my desktop and my laptop. However, I might be in a position to upgrade to a new desktop later this year. Would I be able to download Elwements 2020 onto the new computer or would I find that because I'd already downloaded it to this computer and a laptop, I would be unable to use it on the new computer? Just wondering what my best option might be. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

You can install on as many computers as you want, but may only be signed in on two computers at a time (Help > Sign in or Help > Sign out from the Editor menu) and may only open it and use it on one computer at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

It all depends on which OS you get.  PSE 2021 is compatible with macOS Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. 

However previous versions will NOT run on Big Sur.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

You can install your software on up to 2 devices at a time.  To activate a 3rd device, you must first deactivate one of the other devices from the PSE Help menu.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install on as many computers as you want, but may only be signed in on two computers at a time (Help > Sign in or Help > Sign out from the Editor menu) and may only open it and use it on one computer at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this from the Lounge forum to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on which OS you get.  PSE 2021 is compatible with macOS Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. 

However previous versions will NOT run on Big Sur.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

You can install your software on up to 2 devices at a time.  To activate a 3rd device, you must first deactivate one of the other devices from the PSE Help menu.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines