• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 Organizer - How to sort My Folders

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one alphabetically sort "My Folders"?

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.44.51 PM.png

I was forced switched from Lightroom 5 because of the OSX 32bit limitation and I have to say I don't know how people have lived with this crappy package all these years. The OSX version looks like something from the 90's.

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder structure simply mirrors your own OS as shown in Finder. It may be easier to create albums which are similar to collections in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the snarky question above. I'm referring sorting alphabetically the folder list. I prefer the tree view. My tree doesn't mirror my finder. Also, is it common for the  Organizer to peg the CPU all the time?

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 8.18.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not aware of any CPU issue although the hub (Home Screen) does make auto creations. It may be best to leave it open for a while after first installation until the indexing (media analysis) is complete. There shouldn’t be further activity until new images or videos are imported. You can switch off media analysis, face recognition etc. in preferences if not required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. As I continue to process faces on 48k of photos will the software take into account the updated faces to more accurately filter or does the AI only process the faces one time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should learn with time and as you name un-named stacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the "hamburger" button at the top of the Folders panel and change it to List view.  This will display ALL of your folders alpha-numerically in a flat list, without regard to the parent folder or drive.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.06.24_00h09m59s_003_.png

And just to answer your rhetorical (?) question, I've been using this "package" since it first went on the market.  Yes, some parts of the UI could be updated, but why change what ain't broken? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, is it common for the Organizer to peg the CPU all the time?

I have to disagree with John on this one.  Yes, it is a common problem and the initial media analysis can bog down a less powerful computer, particularly with a large catalog.  As John indicates, Auto Creations seem to be the biggest bottleneck.  But face recognition, particularly with a lot of video files, can also take a toll.  If it is interfering with your other work, then certainly turn all Media Analysis off temporarily.  But allow it to run when you are not using the computer e.g. overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines