Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 Organizer - Search

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

How could I search using a mix of "and", "or", and exclusive tags ? For example :

Person A (only) in places A or B

Person A and Person B (just those two) in place A and Event A
As for now I can just select person A, exclude all the other persons tags (boring) and choose one place.

Thank you for any help.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tips:

- use the enhanced search (magnifier glass on top right) with the operators AND, OR, EXCLUDE

- since you are limited with writing the query with brackets, divide your query into smaller ones, and assign temporary keywords to the results. Assigning and removing temporary keywords is extremely fast. That enables assigning a big number of keywords to exclude if necessary.

- You can store your intermediate search results in albums and combine searches with keywords and albums.

- Try to solve tricky queries like (Person A only) separately. For instance search for Persons excluding Person A. Add temp keyword. Then new search for Person A excluding temp keyword. Best done from keyword panel on the right.

- there are cases where the detailed search is very slow whereas the enhanced search is fast (for subfolders names...)

- Think about saving searches

- Think about searches based on substrings in captions (enhanced search). For instance search for 'Birth' will find birthdays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help, but, unfortunately, I could not use it.

The simplest search I'm looking for is : find all pictures containing Person A alone, because of course there are pictures including both Person A and Person B (and PersonC, etc.)

Fisrt step : from right window exclude Person A.

Second step : assign to selection keyword NoPersonA

Third step : in search bar look for Person A exclude NoPersonA 

Result, obviously, all pictures containing Person A, Person A and Person B, Person A and PersonC, etc...

So where did I went wrong ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right. The 'exclude' operator does not work as I wrongly expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines