• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ELEMENTS 2020

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOLKS: I admit I do not understand working with ' the cloud'. I have an APPLE laptop and have about 20,000 high quaality photos stored on the laptop. I am being pushed by some friends to put my photos into the APPLE CLOUD. I do not really understand how I could bring a photo from the cloud into my machine to work on ( ELEMENTS 19). Now, the newest version of Elements (2020) has a number of new features that I would like to have. I am thinking this might be the time to upgrade my Elements and move my photos to the APPLE CLOUD. I question if 2020 is easy to work with utilizing the cloud? 

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

It’s not a good idea to put everything into the Apple cloud unless you wish to continue using the Apple photos app instead of the Elements Organizer. Make a choice. It’s one or the other. Of course the Apple cloud provides sync to all iPhone and iPad devices if needed. The only way to edit directly in the PSE editor is by installing an extension in the Photos app. Then it’s possible to edit directly in Elements, saving a copy back to the photos app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not a good idea to put everything into the Apple cloud unless you wish to continue using the Apple photos app instead of the Elements Organizer. Make a choice. It’s one or the other. Of course the Apple cloud provides sync to all iPhone and iPad devices if needed. The only way to edit directly in the PSE editor is by installing an extension in the Photos app. Then it’s possible to edit directly in Elements, saving a copy back to the photos app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is similar.  Is there a way to edit directly from Light Room CC?  And then save directly back to LR?

I am hoping it is as easy as you make it sound with Apple Photos.  

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear I understand what you are asking? Are you using the cloud version, Lightroom 2.4.1 or Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 

Are you wanting to use both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is LightRoom CC. It does say 2.4.1  It is on the cloud and on my desktop.   Right now I have to export a photo to my desktop and then bring it into PSE.  If I want to save that edit I then have to save to desktop and then import into LR.  

If I right click on a photo in LR it gives me the option to open in Photoshop, so I was hoping there was a way to do the same thing into PSE.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with Aperture you could browse to the editor and make it the default editor.  If I click on edit with photoshop it lets me browse to find an application and I go thru the same steps as aperture and then it does tries to open my PSE but then it says "your application install seems to damaged.  Please reinstall the application"   When I looked into this about a year ago I think I read that it is just not possible for the 2 to work together, which is a real shame if even apple photos will work with PSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are correct. It is just not possible to edit in PSE from Lightroom. PSE is not part of the subscription model. It is possible to edit in the full PS but that would require a subscription to a photography plan.  It requires extra steps but I think the only way to do it is manually. The ApplePhotos app can only do it by purchasing an extension from the app store. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COMMUNITY: THANK YOU! The responses were fast and efficient. You solved my issues and I really appreciate your help.

Jim Helmick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines