• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021.1 Update Crashes Elements and other Adobe Software

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2021.  Everything was fine until the update ran.  It was installed automatically, can't seem to stop it.  After the install, Photoshop Elements was not found.  It also killed Lightroom and most other Adobe programs, all my Canon Photo software and any other editing program, including some music programs.  None of the damaged programs can be uninstalled for the control panel.  Says "Program Missing".  I ran the creative cleanup tool then reinstalled Elements 2021.  Again, the Program was crashed.  Before I reinstall 20 softwares, is there a way to stop Elements from updating?  Or is there a different solution to this problem?  I just bought the upgraded version Elements software recently and would like to be able to use it without screwing up everything else on my computer.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced these problems but my updated software often hangs for several minutes and worse,  the scrolling across or vertically is very very clunky and is almost uncontrollable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that's not my problem.  When I install the 2021 update it trashes all my Adobe software as well as others  My current solution is to go back to Photoshop Elements 13 and no problems.  Guess I just wasted the money for the upgraded version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can adjust the settings for Application Updates in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Application Updates, then choose which option you would like: Automatically download and install updates  (the default setting). or Notify me when an update is available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines