• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 After Install Can't Stop Face Recognition

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just upgraded to 2021 (I do this every year) and had a 2020 catalogue error which, I think was due to face recognition issues.

When I launch the 2021 Organizer I can't click on any drop down menus to turn off Face Recognition. My system (it's new and powerful) seems to be "looped" processing my 65K picture catalogue for faces and thus won't allow me to pull down any menu options. (It shows 42K face images processed of 65K and the counter slowly increases)

I can't figure out how to stop the program from automatically starting indexing the images for faces upon Organizer launch in order to stop my system from appearing to be "frozen".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Greg 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to PSE 2021.  My Organizer screen was frozen, too, upon opening it. The top pull-down menus were non-functional.

Two things can resolve the problem, one temporary until you close and open the Organizer again, and one permanent:

Temporary: Click the window size square box in the upper right corner to reduce the screen size. Doing that, while my Task Bar is set to automatically hide itself, ended the screen freeze.

Permanant: Right-click a blank spot on your taskbar. Go down to Taskbar Settings. Turn both "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" and "Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode" OFF.

In my case, this PSE Organizer conflict with Windows 10 had nothing to do with indexing files.

I will be happy when either Adobe or Microsoft resolves this PITA conflict. I liked my auto-disappearing taskbar.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis.  You can turn off face recognition there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines