• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements 2021 launch problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the New Photoshop Elements 2021 and installed it on my computer. It worked fine for a few days and then today when I tried to open the editor it froze at initialization and wouldn't open. I removed and reinstalled the program but the same problem occurred again. Can anyone help? I never had this problem before with Elements.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same. I've now uninstalled and installed, still not working, will have to do it again and have wasted a lot of time trying to get it going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m having same problem. Elements 2021 works for a few days and then won't launch'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, have you been able to sort this out? I can't launch mine either...Thx, JF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be a fan of Adobe editing, but it is dated and slow. Now freezes up constantly. Grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Could you please try the solution mentioned in this thread? Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.  Reinstall, works for a while and then freezes at initialization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the solution of renaming the slcache and slstore files and it worked.  But then after putting in the license code again it told me I had exceeded the number of computers with this license.  Since I had installed PSE 2021 on another computer i own it now thinks I have it installed twice on this computer and once on the other computer so one more than the two allowed.  It says I have 30 days to uninstall it on the third computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you will need to contact Adobe support directly, they can control the number of software activations. Check the support section of the website, it should allow you to contact Adobe support directly. Make sure that you're logged into the site, then they'll know how you are. And maybe refer back to this thread as well, just for full clarity.

Hope this can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.  After a few days, the same problem arose again.  I think some other program on my computer may be reintroducing the problem.  I use Topaz Gigapixel and elements seems to freeze after I use that program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Elements 2021 as well running windows 11. I too am about ready to toss elements because about every third try, it will not launch. The temporary solution is to go to task manager and you will notice several launch attempts in the process window. If you click on them and end task, the program will launch fine. It is as if, the program doesnt close out all the way and leaves a stub running or something and after two or three attempts it will no longer launch. This has done it since I have had 2021. I would revert back to my previous version except my organizer catalgue databases are converted and can no longer be launched with an older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? 

Have you started or added media to a catalog?  If you are seeing a lot of activity in Windows Task Manager, it is possible that the problem is being caused by auto-analyis of your media.  If that is the case, go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and turn off all analysis to see whether it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried turning off preferences but problem still arises after a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pkrobinsmia ,

Would request you to connect to the Support team directly(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/support.html) and get this resolved.

Hope that solves the problem.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, having the same issue.

System requirements met and installed/unstalled/reinstalled several times to no avail. I was able to use the software once.

when I click to launch, aboslutely nothing happens, no error message althoug the task manager shows the app as active in the background.

Please assist,

Thank you,

JF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JFRK23 said:

when I click to launch, aboslutely nothing happens, no error message althoug the task manager shows the app as active in the background.

It is possible that the program failed to close properly, and that is why you are seeing the activity in Task Manager.  Try ending the process in TM and start the program again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S. ending the task in task manager doesn't not solve the issue, nor restarting, nor re-installing the software. Based on the community comments it seems that a lot of users are having the same or similar issue and I have not read any post making me optimitisc about the outcome, whether a fix or a refund...really bummed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suspecting a lot of this problem is related to Windows 10 incessant updates.  A month ago Windows did an update, and I could not open the Photo Editor Workspace.  Adobe tech support was very helpful at the time - I downloaded and installed Microsoft Visual C++, and at the same time updated my NVidea Video driver and purchased Elements 2021.  Worked for a month - THEN Windows did dit again.  An update and the next day I could not use Photo Editor - and it locked up the system.  A day and a half later I was finally told to reinstall Elements 2021.  I did, and I can now get into Photo Editor Workspace, BUT cannot import from my camera.  Very frustrating.  Tech Support has been very helpful but so far cannot fix the problem.  When I import a photo, the software freezes and I have to use Task Manager to get out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied below. Yes, went to task manager as instructed, Removed elements .Tried 3 times.  Back to opening, no go. Two of four agents checked preferences including the senior agent on Wednesday, He really seemed to know what's going on. But, as I said, worked once, not the second time. C visual was updated and agent check it. Very, very frustrated. As I said on their reviews, management rushed the product out before double checking ALL the fctors. Like the auto industry, get them out now as we have commercials coming out in August. We'll handle the recalls. Meanwhile, everyone else suffers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rodman16:  I concur about many companies (including and especially
Microsoft) rushing things out.  I watched a video not long ago by a man
who used to be in MS's Quality Control organization and was laid off
because now they have the Insider Program - so that those of us who
can/will participate in testing. Up until Elements 2020 I never had a
problem with my programs, but it was not only Elements that had
problems.  I have a high powered graphics program that allows me to
either make a jpg or import one and convert it (with a lot of
manipulating) to a machine embroidery design.  That also did not work,
and I was told by that company that now with the new updates of Win10
they cannot support it and I should upgrade - at the cost of $600!  It
is only one level from the current, and I had a fit.  So I was able to
get support and the problem was fixed.  I hate Win10 and would go to
Linux in a minute except hubby would be lost and angry.  I am not sure
whether the problem lies with Adobe or Microsoft, but I do read on the
forum that there seems to be many errors with Adobe's Photoshop program
lately.  Good luck getting yours fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kathyc45186311 thanks for these tips.I found the page with instructions to install/update Microsoft Visual C++ on adobe support, then uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop Elements 21 and it worked this morning...so based on your comments...who knows for how long? Thanks again 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, Im a 67 yr old with arithritis, using Windows since 3.1. I have experience. Also, have elements 5 that work fine with up to Win 7. Upgraded to Win 10. Now issues. I do not have any issues with Luminar-trial  or Photodirector 10. I want elements for the superior crop tool. I installed from the CD. Wont open. Reps downloaded link 3 times. Since Nov.30 I've talked to 4 agents, the 5th a senior agent. Seemed to have resolved it. Over 6 hours. Each time temporay resolved. Same as others, works once. 2nd time, open, fails. Each agent says it is corupt files but, dont explain what? If, Im doing something wrong with opening, they dont say. It's ridickolus that you can only open from the dialog box-"open". NOT from the image, nor apps bar. Reps work hard, NOT blaming them. View all the comments from previous years. Did not have a response today or all day yesterday -Sat. 12/19/20. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am joining the club of an elements 2021 user who bought and installed on 22 Nov 2020. OK for two weeks till 4 Dec then won't load. Tried many days to find and fix but no luck. 15 Dec 20 Uninstall then re install OK until today, now again it won't open. Have just reinstalled and it works but for how long? The unpaid Adobe 'experts' on here are very good and try their best with most issues but Adobe themselves don't fix the problem. It's very frustrating. If i'd bought something from a shop and it failed after just one month you would take it back but with this your are stuck. No apology from Adobe nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, just screwed. Typical giant corp.The main reason I wanted the program
is for the superior "crop" tool. Other programs "box" the image where this
one you can move any side. Maybe, if everyone would sell their stock that
is overvalued at over $300.00 a share, maybe that would get their
attention. But, that wont affect management. They will leave and go
somewhere else. You are fortunate that it lasted two weeks. Did you use it
daily? Mine didnt last two days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot your computer in safe mode and see how it works.   
I'm not saying any of the following applies to you in particular- they're just  cold hard facts.

People often "blame the program" when in fact such errors are user caused:  Having more than one antivirus program running. not having the latest updates for the OS isntalled, not having the latest video card drivers isntalled- things like that.
Then there are the users who fail to mention that the "edited some settings, and stored some files in places where they don't belong, all because they know their way around computers." 

People will often manually unistall an older version of phtoshop elements, before they install a newer version- they wiull leave the old shortcut (to the editor) on their desktop, and use that to try and start the new version they jsut installed.....

BOTTOM LINE: Reboot into safe mode, see how it works then.  

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines